PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
As a member of the Maintenance team, the Millwright reports to the Maintenance Supervisor. The Millwright is responsible for performing repairs and troubleshooting mechanical and related equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
− Performs repairs requiring a thorough knowledge of pumps, valves, electric and pneumatic actuators, motors, gears, hydraulics, mechanical drives, speed reducers and other related equipment
− Analyzes by troubleshooting, all types of mechanical and related equipment, and making recommendations on a course of action for the repair or replacement of equipment.
− Interprets Operating & Maintenance (O&M) manuals, diagrams, schematics, prints and recommends revisions
− Organizes, coordinates, and works with external contractors while performing maintenance or repairs to equipment, including the inspection of completed work to ensure it conforms to Regional Standards and industry best practices
− Responds to emergency equipment failures, troubleshoots equipment and diagnosing problems, identifies needed resources and makes repair or works with contractors to complete work
− Provides support services to the Region’s Special Project Group to assist with project implementation and the start-up and commissioning of equipment
− Maintains a good working relationship with all colleagues, customers and contractors through collaboration, communication and application of conflict resolution skills
Must be able to read assembly drawings
Must be able to take apart complicated, high precision mechanisms, identify faulty parts, and re-assemble.
Experience with gear pumps, fluid dispensing systems, hot melt glue systems is an asset
Basic knowledge of PLC, HMIs, robots is an asset
* Read and interpret blueprints, operation and product related reference charts and tables, and select mechanical measuring, checking, and layout tools and devices.
* Perform metal removing operations using hand and power tools, as well as select work piece clamping, holding devices, and product related components.
* Fit and assemble parts and sub-assemblies to build special-purpose machinery.
* Integrate pneumatic and hydraulic systems into special-purpose machinery.
* Proceed with floor assembly according to design; assembling the machinery in a safe and proper order.
* Coordinate with the Electrician, Fabricator, and PLC Programmer to provide for their needs, in a timely manner. Advise designers of any floor assembly design problems, coordinating work if required.
* Provide mechanical support during debug, integration, and machine acceptance.
* Participate as lead person in the debug/integration of the machine or station startup. Completing the set up checks of stations before PLC Programmers are scheduled to be on the station. Check to see if cycle times are achievable; and advising the designers.
* Conduct test runs with completed tools to ensure that parts meet specifications; and make adjustments if necessary.
* Fit and assemble parts to make, repair, or modify parts using hand tools.
* Read and interpret complex engineering drawings, schematics, bill of materials, machine-tool build assembly drawings.
* Assemble and integrate pneumatics and hydraulics, electrical components, power transmission systems, conveyor systems and feeder systems.