• With the supervision of senior staff, design duties include items such as substation design, electrical equipment arrangements, lighting layouts and HV and LV single line diagrams.
• Provide electrical calculations such as volt-drop, illumination level, distribution transformer sizing and panel loading.
• Preparation and review of contract documentation.
• Develop and prepare electrical specifications as required (Project Specific).
• Operate computer-assisted design (CAD) software such as AutoCAD.
• Operate Building Information Modeling (BIM) software such as Revit is a definite asset.
• Work towards identification, analysis and resolution of problems.
• Create technical reports, documentation, low and medium voltage calculations and sketches.
• Maintain up-to-date electrical engineering knowledge and stay current with industry trends and
Essential Skills and Qualifications
• Demonstrated use of initiative and judgment in applying standard procedures and in problem solving.
• Ability to complete all tasks with minimal or reduced direction and oversight.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-task environment.
• Demonstrated customer service skills; Strong presentation, oratory, and verbal skills.
• Advanced knowledge of Canadian electrical standards and the Ontario Electrical Safety Code.
• Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing with all levels of the organization,