· Interact with engineers / designers to develop preliminary and construction drawings from preliminary concepts, surveys and design standards
· Prepare permit drawings, outside plant construction drawings, and final as-built drawings using both AutoCAD and Civil 3D software
· Generate CAD content to advance company standards.
· Prepare permit applications in strict conformance with the Municipal Consent Requirements (MCR), particularly with City drawing standards
· Create buried and aerial utility plant utility drawings in accordance with CSA and ESA standards
· Prepare plan and profile drawings including duct design, occupancy, route alignment, manhole and structure details
· Review and validate designs in accordance with CSA standards, municipal and client standards
· Perform duties such as creating and plotting drawing sets, updating as-built records and document control
· Maintain CAD document archive and retrieval for projects
· Quality control of own work to ensure that drawings are checked, approved and filed.
· Attend and participate in project team meetings and coordinate with team members to ensure efficient and timely delivery of project deliverables.
· Site inspections and data collection, including topographic surveys.
· Other related duties, as assigned.
Essential Skills and Qualifications
· Working knowledge of MS Office Suite with advanced excel skills.
· Extensive knowledge of AutoCAD layering techniques, objects, alignments and x-refs.
· Strong knowledge of Civil 3D.
· Ability to work independently with no supervision.
· Solid understanding of applicable design standards and general engineering principles.